Monday, 24 October 2011

Pop Cafe


Location: 178 Collins Street, Hobart
Phone: (03) 6234 7999
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 7.30 am till 5pm

Kids menu: Yes: "poppets menu" -cheese & soldiers or meatballs with salad or chips
Adult menu: a range of burgers, hand-cut chips, hot pressed sandwiches, pop dogs (bratwursts), plus a variety of tasty looking cakes and biscuits
Prices:  $ 7.50-$8.50 sandwiches; $9.50 pop dogs; $11-$12 burgers; $4.50 hand cut chips/$5.50 for side of dipping sauce; poppets $4 - $4.80; drinks $3.50 - $4.20; shakes (one scoop of ice-cream) $4.50; deluxe shakes (two ice-cream scoops) $5.50; babycino $1

 

Mumma Review 

Wow what a great find Pop Cafe was last Friday morning!  Hubby, bub and I headed there for an impromptu cuppa after driving past the cafe on numerous occasions wondering what it was like?!  We were more than surprised to say the least....a funky and bright interior welcomed us as well as a layout that was super pram friendly (a not so common occurrence with cafes in Hobart). 

Service was prompt and efficient as we placed our order at the counter.  We sat on some comfy chairs near the window and I breast fed bub some mid-morning milk: for once a comfortable chair to actually sit on and feed!  Once our drinks arrived (latte for me and iced chocolate for hubby of which had a surprise shot of nutella in it - YUM!) we spotted a highchair near the door and to bub's excitement popped him into it to enable him a good view of the world.  


Whilst it was early and I didn't fancy too much to eat (other than a tasty choc/orange biscuit) the menu was certainly enticing  - pop dogs (chilli dog, relish dog, danish dog - all bratwursts), burgers, hand-cut chips, toasted sandwiches and daily soup specials.  The shakes on the menu were also calling my name!  


Pop Cafe ticks all the box's for us and some.  It was no surprise when I was told by the owner that he and his wife are parents to twins and know the importance of being able to feel welcomed and comfortable in a cafe with kids.  It was refreshing to find a cafe in the centre of town that not only welcomes kids but has also thought of them in their planning.  It would be a great spot for mum's group catch ups.


I know I will be going back to Pop Cafe - I want a pop dog and a deluxe shake!

Love Mumma Al x


Re-reviewed Feb 2012 Pop Cafe - revisited
 

2 comments:

  1. My first solo outing today with my 3 week old bubba! Suggested my great friend and I head to 'Pop' after your reviews! We had a lovely coffee, and while my little one doesn't need much entertaining the toy box was a great hit with my friend's 13 month old!
    Thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, glad we could be of assistance :) Congrats on your first solo outing with your new bubba, you've done well!! We're happy to hear that you had a lovely time. Pop certainly is a great little find in the city :)

      Delete

We would love to hear your thoughts :) Love Mumma Al & Mumma Kel xx